Recently Obama signed an arms treaty with the Russian president. They called the treaty START, which stands for Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty. This treaty's goal was to reduce nuclear weapons between the two countries. They are trying not to continue with the destructive nature of the Cold War. This does send other messages to other nations though. It might say how nuclear power is too powerful for this world to use. We should not destroy each other. It is not right to kill other humans in such massive numbers then justify it by fighting for your country. I think that their goal was to try to eliminate nuclear power. Obama and the Russian president are working toward peace, and I think other nations look up to them because they are superpowers. This shows how there is still problems between the two countries but they are attempting at peace.
Monday, May 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I like how you summarized the treaty and incorporated your opinion in the post too. You have a very discriptive summary of the treaty.
Post a Comment